SCOTTON SCORCHERS JUNIOR FOOTBALL CLUBWELCOME
Scotton Scorchers Junior Football Club, its many volunteers and its young players would like to extend a huge ‘welcome’ to all new players and their parents/carers and we hope you will become part of the football family, respecting our codes and ethos, and joining with the other volunteers to help the club to continue to thrive into the future.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE OFFER
- FA Charter Standard Club, affiliated to the West Riding County FA (WRCFA) committed to the FA Respect Campaign ‘We only do positive’
- SSJFC hold FA SSE Wildcats sessions along side coaches from the Leeds United Foundation for girls aged 5-11 years
- Boys football from under 6 years to under 12 years, playing in the Nidderdale Junior Football League
- Girls football from under 6 years to under 16 years, playing in various leagues, City of York Girls Football League, West Riding Junior Girls Football League or the Harrogate and District Girls Football League.
- Over 200 boys and girls in total with over 30 qualified coaches together with other volunteers.
- Training and match venues: -
- Our Home! Percy Fields, Low Moor Lane, Lingerfield Knaresborough HG5 9JB
- Scotton Cricket Club, Low Moor Lane, Lingerfield, Knaresborough HG5 9HZ
- King James School, King James Road, Knaresborough HG5 8EB (Grass pitches and 3G all-weather floodlit pitches)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- All volunteers are DBS checked
- All coaches qualified to FA Level 1 or above
- All coaches undertake FA Safeguarding and Emergency Aid course
- Club Welfare Team all with Enhanced DBS checks
- Covid 19 Safeguarding Risk Assessment in place
Our Ethos: -
At SSJFC every child counts irrespective of ability. The club does not have a win at all costs approach and believes that every child should be given the opportunity to play at a level that they feel comfortable with and being supported to develop not only their football skills but communication confidence and social skills too. Our all-inclusive policy does not mean sacrificing competition or a winning mentality we believe we can achieve all these whilst the children enjoy their football.
Coaches use the 5 core elements of the English FA as the basis of their coaching methodology.
OUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Safeguarding Children policy
- Anti-bullying policy
- Parents/spectators code of conduct
- Players code of conduct
- Coaches code of conduct
- GDPR Data Protection Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
HOW TO JOIN
All registrations and payments are through our website at www.scottonscorchers.com
Various payment options are available including a confidential ‘hardship’ scheme accessed via the club secretary Mike Collier on firstname.lastname@example.org As some of our squads have waiting lists all new applications should also be made directly to the club secretary.
Scotton Scorchers is run entirely by volunteers and as such we welcome with open arms anyone who can help in any way, from joining our committee to helping with car parking or teas and coffees. You are also welcome to come to any of our committee meetings on an ad hoc basis.
- Mike Collier – Secretary, Girls Lead
- Jonathan Parkin – Chair and Registrations
- Larry Chan – Treasurer
- Wayne Latimer – Lead Welfare Officer, Club Covid Officer, Kit and Equipment
- Vacancy – Boys Welfare Officer
- Fiona Whiley - Girls Welfare Officer
- Marcus Philpott – Coach Development
- Phil Dennis – Boys Lead
- Lindsey Hitchen - Facilities
- Sara Troup - Fundraising
- Katie Gordon - Fundraising
- Emma Pollock - Youth Lead
Most of the above information can be found in more detail on our website at www.scottonscorchers.com but if you would like to have a chat about anything to do with the club please do not hesitate to contact either of us directly and we hope that you and your child/children enjoy many happy hours of football.
Mike Collier Club Secretary Contact - email@example.com
Jonathan Parkin Club Chair Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org